Friday, May 4, 2012

Girl Scouts and weekends...

This past weekend was busy...busy....honestly what weekend isn't anymore?  I am definitely not complaining because its all great memories, but sometimes........I just want to lay on the couch and have my kids bring me tea and feed me grapes!!!  Phssht...that was dream...wake me up!!

Anyways this past Saturday we went to Camp North Fork in Middleburg for the 100th year celebration of Girl Scouts.   I am not sure if I mentioned that this is Hannah's second year and I am co-leader of her troop.  We have 10 great girls and an awesome leader who really keeps us moving along.  Trace also went with us.  I must say that we were not prepared for the HEAT!!!!  It was situated in the middle of a field, outside of Jacksonville and if you know the Florida sun it was shining ...bright!!  There was a huge turnout and I heard mention that there were 2,000 girls signed up.  There was rock climbing, hamster ball rolling, a DJ playing music, limited shade, long lines and good times, lots of laughing and sweating and a bunch of happy girls!!!

The Girls and Trace with the Brownie Elf


Hannah in some older Girl Scout outfits

My posers...

Hannah was hot so her gracious brother gave her a ride
Jacksonville Fire Departments Pink Truck


It was great to see that Fire Truck and we were proud that we got to sign in in honor or Aunt Bonnie who lost a breast to Breast Cancer last year.  We love you!!!



I think Trace is totally going to get into this BMX racing thing...

And of course we could not go on an outing without bringing sparkles along!!!

To convince the kids that it was too hot to wait in the mile long line for tropical smoothies we told them we would take them somewhere and get a surprise....thankfully they all agreed and off to Dairy Queen and home we went!!  What a Saturday.....

Sunday we stayed poolside allllllllllll day............


Grandma and her kids

Trace the pool boy



I needed that after the craziness of the last few weeks between final exams and preparing for our town's Relay for Life which is tomorrow and a million other wonderful things that are on my plate...but one thing I do know we are hugely blessed and I am thankful for all that the Lord provides!!!

Have a great weekend!!!  We most certainly will!!

~ Anita ~


 

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE POOL DAYS!!!!! and I LOVE Girl Scouts too...I stopped after Brownies, but it was SO MUCH FUN!!!!

    ReplyDelete