Monday, October 15, 2012

Projects and Painting ..oh my

I know I have said it before but.....I Love Pinterest!!!!!!

Ideas just swirl around in my head constantly...I am loving the time I have to do some projects and plan new ones.

Plus we have gotten some painting done and accomplished a few little projects.

The first Pinterest project was to make coasters using 4 x 4 white tiles, scrap book paper, modge podge and    glossy spray lacquer.

I made the modge podge. 1/2 parts elmers glue and water.
Clean tiles and cover with a layer of modge podge. Place cut squares of paper. then cover with a few more coats of modge podge every few minutes.


Let dry completely 24 hours before applying lacquer and follow directions on the can. Do a couple coats then let dry.




My sister in law and I made about 100 different ones and we are going to bundle them and give out at Christmas to family and teacher gifts.





Here is the link for this great idea...

http://twogirlsbeingcrafty.blogspot.com/2011/02/ramseys-finally-have-coasters.html



Next we painted Hannah's room. # walls light pink and one hot pink.  She loves it!!  We surprised her and she cried.  It was so cute!!

I have so many awesome plans for her room and she is going to love everything she opens at Christmas.  I cannot wait to start working on this one...



We also painted out bedroom and Barry hung my TV!!  It makes for so much more room.
 I also have a projects in mind and in the works.... a Pinterest inspired headboard and these things made into something special..



Pictures to come upon completion!!

Happy Pinning and then doing!!

Anita

No comments:

Post a Comment