Tuesday, August 28, 2012

First days of school....

I cannot believe that the summer just flew by and my babes are off to school again... What is so crazy is that my twins are going to seperate schools this year. For the first time ever they will not only be seperated by different classes of different grades, now they will be a mile apart and will not see each other at all not even in passing.

See its like this Trace has struggled with reading for years. He didn't talk much until he was 3 because Hannah did it all for him.  You would ask him a question and he would look at her to answer for him.  He started with and IEP and speech therapy in Pre-K which continued into Kindergarten.  Hannah and trace were in seperate classes, but he still struggled while she excelled.  So at the end of the year it was one of the hardest decisions I have ever had to make, holding one of my babies back and sending another forward.  I do know that it was the best choice and watching Trace flourish and listening to him reading and sounding out words makes me so happy and proud of him.

My handsome little man!!
 Trace has Ms. S at JBES this year and is in 2nd grade.  Hannah has Mrs. A and Mrs. B and she is in 3rd grade at WES. I am so proud of her also and even though she struggled in Math last year I am hoping this year she will do much better and excel.  I am also looking forward for all the teeth she has lost this summer to grow back in because her one chiclet overwhelms my poor babies face. Its sweet and comical...She will grow into her beautiful smile!!


She looks super in her new glasses!!
 In the weeks before school we did massive school shopping which turned out great for Hannah, but for some reason this area is in short supply for boys clothes and what really dives me crazy is we live in Florida we wear shorts until Dec and then its cold for 2 months...There were NOOOOOOOO shorts in Trace's size at JcPenney, Old Navy or Target...ok 2 pairs..I think that is crappy..just sayin.
Of course Hannah made out like a bandit...numerous dresses, shirts, skirts, and 3 pairs of new shoes.  I did get Trace new shirts, socks, sneakers etc.

Oh my goodness lets talk about school supplies...I spent a fortune this year on school supplies...It probably doesn't help that I get everything on the teachers wish list too....I just want my kids to have a great education and teachers that are happy!!

Hannah and Trace and I spent Sunday evening before the first day of school making their teacher presents....Me more than them because I worry about the hot glue, but they cut paper and ribbon for me.  I think they turned out super cute and the kids were proud of them!!


We had one last trip before school started and overnight trip to Tallahassee to pick up our Grannie so she could get some testing at Shands to see if she qualifies to be put on the Kidney Transplant list.  We had a great visit and of course she cooked us some good Grannie food...fried chicken, potatoes and onions and cabbage!!  Yummy!!  We were sad to see her go after testing Monday and Tuesday I drove her back to Tallahassee to meet my Uncle Kelly on Wednesday morning.


Yum!!!  and yes I ate it all!!!
 Ok back to the first day...


Hannah and Trace on 8/20/12.

Loves!!


My beautiful 3rd grader!!!

My handsome 2nd grader!

1 comment: